Slovensko Tolkienovo društvo Gil-galad

English corner

Zurbag · 6 · 5935

Zurbag

• Orki
  • Sluga tajne vatre, nositelj plamena Anora
    • View Profile
Welcome foreigners from afar!
Looks like meat's back on the menu, booooys!

"Ok prvo vprašanje, kdo so Istari?" by Yibor, 2017

Burek Legolas

• Orki
  • Angmarski kralj-čarodej
    • View Profile
I wonder which of our foreign friends will be the first to visit us at our new forum! :)

Gwindor

• Ameba
    • View Profile
May the stars shine on the hour of our meeting!
I'm a Tolkien fan from Hungary, moved just recently to Ljubljana, and I'm wondering how active this society is, if there are any events upcoming that might be worth visiting.

Pepi

• Škrati
  • Bifur ali Nebifur
    • View Profile
    • Diversi diversa putant
Heya, Gwindor, and welcome to ... well, here! :)
Usually (covid-permitting) we have a weekly retreat during summer, and two smaller, over-the-weekend meetups; a spring one and a fall one. There's also some occasional semi-formal gatherings (Tolkien's birthday, for instance, or reading days) and (an even more!) occasional board-game evening here and there. We're not very hard-core, tho. As in while our gatherings always carry at least some of that LotR flavor, we're usually pretty casual about it. Or to use a LotR analogy; we're more of a Prancing Pony than Rivendell. :D

"Profesor gre levjiga!" - Valentinčič

Zurbag

• Orki
  • Sluga tajne vatre, nositelj plamena Anora
    • View Profile
Hullo there, Gwindor!
Like Pepi said, we have regular annual meeteing and the next one should be (if possible) in October or November. We haven't decided yet :)

Last month we had a boardgame night and maybe another will happen soon. Usually a member just suggests some kind of a gathering and that's it :h14034:
Looks like meat's back on the menu, booooys!

"Ok prvo vprašanje, kdo so Istari?" by Yibor, 2017

Burek Legolas

• Orki
  • Angmarski kralj-čarodej
    • View Profile
Events are always announced on our closed Facebook group as well. If you add me (Mitja Bosnic) on FB, I can add you to the group and you can be sure not to miss anything!